Thursday 1 June 2017

Is this a good rig to start with?

Hiya All,

I am kinda new to mining / coins but want ot give it a try. At the moment my solar panels are generating more electricity then I use so I thought... Why not :)

I don't want to drop 3k on a rig right away so I wanted to start low at arround 1k and maybe add new hardware later on if I "learned" how to mine and if it's making profit. It doesn't have to be thousends each month, if I just can get a ROI in like a year and then make some bucks that would be nice.

I was thinking about mining ETH since the price is currently growing but want the rig able to change to other coins as well.

If I did my research right the following RIG should be able to do so but any advice or recommendation is welcome :)

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-Ultra Gaming It has 3x PCIe x16 so I can use 3 cards (want to start with 1 or 2 tho) The only question I have is that they talk about lanes on the PCI... Slot 1 has 16 lanes, 2 has 8 lanes and 3 has 4 lanes...

I don't really know what this is. Is this a problem for mining? Does it limit the HASH rate?

GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 DUAL 8G Several sites talk about a HASH rate of arround 30 with some tuning. The most interesting is it's temp. It only get's 60 degrees which I like since I don't want the rig to become to hot.

RAM: Crucial 4 GB DDR4-2133 I understand ram isn't an issue for mining so I went with the cheapest I could find.

PSU: Seasonic PRIME 1200W Gold, 1200 Watt I went for a 1200W (since I maybe want to add more cards in the future) and read here that it needs to be gold at least to keep the usage of power at a minimum. Power is free for me so if there are better/cheaper alternative I would gladly hear it :)

CPU: Intel® Pentium G4400, 3,3 GHz Again something not needed for mining unless you want CPU mining is my understanding. I want to use my GPU and not the CPU so I went with the cheapest option available.

This rig cost me 680 euro / 765 dollar with 1 card. And has potential for 2 more cards.

On a website I found to calculate your income it says this rig can get me 170 dollar a month so it only takes me 6 months for an ROI.

Sorry in advance for my bad English it's not my native language :)

And thanks inadvance for anyone willing to read and reply!



Submitted June 01, 2017 at 05:50PM by DoubleSneaky http://bit.ly/2rHVXyE

No comments :

Post a Comment