Sunday 9 February 2020

Antminer S9 noise reduction solution?

I recently got a downgraded apartment and am running my S9 in a smaller space than I used to, and am trying to figure out how to quiet the miner without making it look super ghetto like with the cooler and air duct tubing coming out of each side.

I have no experience with mineral oil submersion, but I understand that it is ineffective if the oil is too thick or if you do not have a good enough radiator to properly cool the rig, which usually takes up a lot of space as well. I have also heard that placing a rig in the refrigerator could ruin the refrigerator as it is not meant to handle that amount of heat coming from inside and could mess up with the cooling coils? (or whatever they're called.)

My idea is to take away the S9 chasis and fans, then submerge the hashboards in mineral oil and place them in a mini fridge. The oil should be thick enough to contain most of the heat so it does not harm the refrigeration cooling coils, and the fridge should be cold enough to act as a radiator to keep the oil cool.

Any advice, critiques, help , jokes, or rude remarks are welcome.

Thanks in advance!



Submitted February 10, 2020 at 02:06PM by ninja_haiku007 http://bit.ly/2ScizmQ

No comments :

Post a Comment