Thursday 2 July 2020

Did Gemini exchange steal my money?


I just needed a little Bitcoin. About $500 worth.I tried Coinbase first, but for some reason my attempts to buy $500 worth of Bitcoin failed due to "suspicious activity". Whatever that means. I had successfully verified my account and linked payment methods, but I couldn't make a purchase.But whatever, that's not the point here. Nine days ago, I made an account on Gemini, uploaded my driver's license for verification and then purchased $500 worth of Bitcoin. I then tried to transfer it to my wallet, but I was notified that my account had been frozen and that I needed to contact customer support. Since then, I have sent several e-mails and made several phone calls to their New York number. They never answer their phone or respond to my voice mails, and the only response I've ever gotten to my e-mails was "I am going to escalate this request to my team and as soon as we have an update, we’ll follow up here!" This was four days ago, and any further attempts at contacting them have been ignored.I don't consider $500 an insignificant amount of money that I can just walk away from. The whole experience has been quite frustrating, and if anyone has any advice for me I would really appreciate it. Is there any other way I can access the Bitcoin I purchased, or is it locked to only the Gemini exchange? via /r/Bitcoin https://bit.ly/2Am9j9G

No comments :

Post a Comment