Sunday 30 October 2016

Sold my last bits of Ethereum for Bitcoin

I have bought a little portion of Ethereum through the presale some time ago. Today I've sold the last part of my Ethereum-stash for Bitcoin.

Why? Ethereum did not convince me. It didn't convince me in the beginning (pre-sale was hyped as well, I took a small risk) and it doesn't do it now:

The main client needs to sync and takes a long time if you don't do it regularly. That is, if it does sync at all (it got stuck a million times now)

The terminology - what's this gas anyway? - and handling is way to difficult, even when I'm not a complete noob in the land of cryptocurrencies.

I don't see the use. I can see the many uses for Bitcoin, mainly as a ledger registering some sort of unchangeable truth. It might be slow and heavy, but it's decent enough to build upon. Ethereum has seen some hardforks now, mainly after attacks of some sort, changing the 'truth' of the ledger in a way. It doesn't seem stable at all having so many issues. It also doesn't solve a real problem now, as far as I can see.

I hope I haven't made a mistake and got rid of my chance of becoming a millionaire. At least I got some good bucks out of it now.

Hooray for Bitcoin!



Submitted October 30, 2016 at 06:48AM by amnesiac-eightyfour http://bit.ly/2dZkZy7

No comments :

Post a Comment