Sunday 26 August 2018

Electricity costs 21 cents per kw/h, how much money would I lose?

Been toying with the idea of learning how to mine BTC for a while now, not for profit but more of having a learning experience. I've the been offered an antminer S9 for $1,300, and my electricity cost is 21 US cents per kwh.

To run it 24/7 for a year, it would cost me $2,450 in electricity, add that to the cost of the machine will bring the total to $3,750. With the memepool fee at 2%, it would take 0.58 BTC to break even. Is that correct?

I hear the break even point is around 6 cents per kwh in electricity. Does that mean I can realistically only mine about 0.25 BTC in a year if I left the miner on 24/7 barring any down time?

Again, I'm expecting to lose money, but was wondering how much to expect.

Thanks!



Submitted August 26, 2018 at 05:04PM by sonastyinc http://bit.ly/2od5OZA

No comments :

Post a Comment