Wednesday 1 August 2018

Just made my first Lightning purchase in the wild! ⚡️


I've had a node running for some months and I'm working on an iOS app controlling it over RPC. I recently found out that a restaurant in my city (Kasbah in Oslo) was accepting lightning payments - so of course I had to go test it.I opened a channel directly to the restaurant to prevent any routing errors. For a smaller amount I would probably be able to use one of my existing channels, but they are not very well funded.The girl serving didn't miss a beat when I asked to pay with lightning and the transaction went through in less than a second.Instant payment! ⚡️Taste of success! 🍍iOS savvy and wanna check out the app? (It's pretty rough though) github via /r/Bitcoin http://bit.ly/2O2lMQZ

No comments :

Post a Comment