Tuesday 28 August 2018

Might be able to pick up a used S9 For Cheap (w/ PSU). Branching out from GPU mining. Got a few questions

So, I may be able to pick up a used Antminer S9 for < $300 USD, which includes the PSU. If I'm lucky enough to land it for this price, this will be my first foray into ASIC mining; up until this point, I've been solely GPU-based.

So, I already know they're loud as shit. I'll probably set up a little jig on my (thankfully large) balcony, and the cost of electricity isn't a concern. I'll probably point it to a NiceHash pool since that's what I'm using to mine with my GPUs.

Now, ideally, I'd like to stick it on a 110v socket. How much worse performance does the S9 do on 110v versus 230v? If it's not much of a difference, I'll probably stick to 110v, but if it's a huge hit I can rig something up so that it's pulling off the only 230v socket in my apartment (that my stove is plugged in to)...



Submitted August 28, 2018 at 10:44PM by MrGruntsworthy http://bit.ly/2BVsgjx

No comments :

Post a Comment