Wednesday 31 October 2018

Solo mining for Gits and Shiggles

I run a full Bitcoin node. Lately I've been playing around with setting up solo mining with BFGMiner, just experimenting with CPUs and GPUs, in full knowledge its a purely academic thing with zero chance of succeeding, intending only to deepen my understanding of the system. Seems to work well, for the most part.

Except when I point my S9's at the pool, I only get about 250 GH instead of 13.5 TH each. I've made sure to turn off overt asciboost when I point them at my experiment, no effect, and they definitely are connected. Does anyone else play around with this stuff and might know the solution already?

FWIW: Ubuntu Bitcoin Core v0.17 BFGMiner v5.5.0

Bitcoin.conf, server, daemon, listen, and txindex set to 1. rpcuser and rpcpassword are set, rpcallowip and rpcport are all good(and proven as I can connect other pcs over the LAN just fine for cpu/gpu)

BFGMiner -o http://127.0.01:8332 -u user - pword --generate-to $address --coinbase-sig "LOL" --stratum-port:3333

Any suggestions?



Submitted November 01, 2018 at 06:33AM by NDragon951 http://bit.ly/2CV6cog

No comments :

Post a Comment