Sunday 24 February 2019

How can I tell if my pc is being used for Bitcoin mining?

Okay so I've been looking into it and a common problem way to tell if your PC is being mined with Bitcoin is by checking your CPU usage. This is not my PC but my dad's PC that seems to always have 100% CPU processing being used. The reason I checked it because my dad has something called GoToMyPc which literally let's people go into your computer remotely and one of my dad's worker's was trying to get him to buy a better modem and connect it to his PC today. He also knew the IP address, which I'm not sure how important that is, I'm don't know a lot of this stuff. Even with all main websites/applications closed the cpu is being used at 100%. He does have some background apps if I pull up show hidden icons (including the GoToMyPc thing) and be doesn't have a lot of stuff updated, but is there any other way to be completely sure if it's Bitcoin mining or any way to stop/prove it is happening and who is doing it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!



Submitted February 25, 2019 at 04:47AM by QuestionsQuestions27 http://bit.ly/2SXlnpX

No comments :

Post a Comment