Friday 5 July 2019

Bitcoin helped pay my rent

I've been learning about cryptocurrency for a few years now, especially Bitcoin. Back in 2011 I purchased a handful at roughly 10-17$ if I remember correctly, but at the time not knowing it's full potential I sold them shortly after. I know, made a huge mistake... Over the next couple of years I kept paying attention to the growing knowledge around Bitcoin and public adoptance. About 2 years ago I started investing back into it as I always knew it was headed towards becoming something that would change the way we understood monetary value.

A little background, I live in silicon valley where rent is some of the highest in the world. Luckily I have worked at startups since I was young and learned they have their pros and cons. Well recently the company I was helping ran out of money and it put me in a difficult position. Luckily I had invested into Bitcoin.

I'm really upset that I had to sell because I looked at it as my savings for years to come. Yet I'm glad I had invested because I was able to pay rent and bills for few months while I look around for new work.

So thank you Bitcoin and thank you to the community for continuing to believe in it. We are nowhere near it's full potential. Hopefully in few months I can get back in...



Submitted July 06, 2019 at 12:52AM by papa_prevail http://bit.ly/2YxFxG1

No comments :

Post a Comment