Wednesday 28 August 2019

My own full node!


After yesterday's thread, I decided I wanted to run my own full node, partially to see how hard it was to do it, but more importantly to a) help myself validate my own transactions and b) help the network's decentralization.Well, I'm happy to say that it took less than an hour to get setup. I've used the script curl http://bit.ly/34550tx | sh to get started. It literally takes care of 95% of the work, only thing missing is to adjust the settings in bitcoin.conf.Since I expected it would be much harder I decided to setup an Electrum Personal Server. It also took much much less than I expected, probably had it up and running 15 minutes from the moment I opened it's github page.I'm super happy to have my own node. It certainly isn't perfect since I'm using a VPS to run it, but I'll be getting a $50 Raspberry Pi and running it at home as soon as possible.If you have never looked into running a full node I very much encourage you to do it, it's SO much easier than people make it out to be and you'll be doing a great service to yourself and the network. via /r/Bitcoin http://bit.ly/2UgdYzx

No comments :

Post a Comment