Tuesday 27 April 2021

This is why I won't sell any of my BTC in this bull market

  1. I do not need fiat right now, actually I am buying a house but the interest rates are so low (0.39%) that I would be crazy not to take out a loan.
  2. Other option is to sell high and then buy back at lower price. But then I have to perfectly time the top and again buy the bottom. I have to be right 2 times which I believe is not possible. In addition I have to pay 39% tax on capital gains so i have to wait at least for 40% dip to have the same amount of BTC as I started with. And who knows how low will it go in this cycle.
  3. The last reason is that I believe this is my once in a lifetime opportunity to FIRE.

Edit: To explain the second point a little bit as there is a lot of missunderstanding. If I sell now, almost the entire price is my gain. I have to pay 39% tax in Slovakia (this is true even if it is unbelievable for someone). My goal is to have more BTC, not more fiat so BTC have to drop more than 40% to make this trade profitable for me. I am not a trader so I do not believe I can time the top and the bottom of the cycle, nobody really can. So my strategy is to hold it until I can retire earlier or I really need the money. Even then I will only exchange what I really need.



Submitted April 27, 2021 at 06:51PM by murdocsvk https://bit.ly/3t2DBnq

No comments :

Post a Comment