Thursday 25 June 2020

What’s the difference between a 15 BTC and 35 BTC farm?

Hello Bitfriends

I’m a long term holder from years ago, and have about 35 BTC under my control. I want to use the 35 Bitcoins to build a Mining farm business.

My research leads me to believe that at this budget, I’m best to fit out a 20 foot or 40 foot shipping container with electrical infrastructure, rent some land in an area with existing electrical infrastructure and cheap electricity and fill them with ASIC miners. This will likely be overseas from my current country, and preliminary research leads me towards countries with lower political risk like Canada.

I am in the early stages of information gathering and planning, and would like to open my Mining farm some time between 2020 and 2023, with the long term objective of raising money and eventually building these Mining farms in multiple countries, diversifying our risk while generating bitcoins for myself and shareholders. I am a big bitcoin bull and believe in the project long term. I have owned and managed small businesses before, but have no experience in the world of building data-centres.

I like the economics of running a Mining Farm, and want to get my hands dirty, learn how they work, how to build them, and get “in the game”.

Does anyone have experience or has been in my place before that can help me navigate from where I am to where I want to go?

Questions:

• If you were in my position, would you jump right in and start up a mine ASAP - once cheap power and stable geopolitical area is located? or would you try and wait to sell the bitcoins for fiat at the next bubble peak? Or possibly after the capitulation after the next peak - I read that after some time in 2018 lots of new/inefficient miners capitulated and needed to sell their rigs due to the drop in price during which ‘strong’ miners scooped up lots of cheap discounted mining rigs

• What’s the difference between a 15 BTC Mining Farm, and a 35 BTC Mining Farm (Assuming that’s the total budget - including travel, legal, mistakes, capex, opex, everything)

• How would you do something like this. What type of people are essential to get as part of my “team”? I would be prepared to ‘learn on the job, and spend 1-2 years out at the site learning how to set up and maintain the Mining Farm, but I would need to learn from someone. Should I go to existing miners and ask them for help/guidance, or hire an electrical engineer, or someone with experience and get him on the payroll/some equity in the business (also contribution of capital would be ideal). Or should I find people/companies that build data centres as their usual business and try to get them to help?

• Am I a fool to think that it’s possible to mine profitably at this scale, and should I just hodl these coins and get a by the hour job? /s

Thanks for reading, and let me know if you have any questions or can help.



Submitted June 25, 2020 at 07:53PM by MiningFarmOperator https://bit.ly/31hKwP1

No comments :

Post a Comment