Friday 27 November 2015

My stepdad, who knows little about bitcoin, said something completely awesome at thanksgiving dinner

I'm not sure if someone has said it before, but as I was going into my standard explanation of bitcoin, my stepdad, who is super conservative and knows little about bitcoin, chimed in with "The US dollar, or any currency, is backed by the full faith and credit of that country's government. Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of the Internet." I said "whoa, have you been reading up on it or something?!" and he replied with "all I know is what you told me about it". For someone who tends to remain ignorant of anything outside of what Bill O Reilly or Rush Limbaugh has to say, it blew me back to hear him say something so elegant and precise!



Submitted November 27, 2015 at 10:34PM by DanklinDRoosevelt http://bit.ly/1jnJpDP

No comments :

Post a Comment