Friday 27 May 2016

MtGox payout

I just received an email from the MtGox liquidation trustee... They informed me that my claim was rejected in full. Attached to this email is a spreadsheet with many pages listing creditors, their claims, and whether their claims were accepted or rejected. I presumed the available money would be divided proportionally, but rather than that, it seems about 70% of people were paid in full, and the remaining 30% rejected in full. To my delight, I am the largest creditor BY FAR to have my claim rejected in full!!

Does anyone else have a similar story? Are there options? Does anyone know why they haven't divided the money proportionally, rather, just randomly selecting winners and losers?

EDIT: The mystery is resolved; from the complete spreadsheet in the comments below, I searched for my name, and found it appeared in the spreadsheet twice (for some reason?)... one was accepted, the other was rejected. I guess I got an automated email that my claim was rejected because I was listed twice, and one of them was rejected accordingly.

EDIT 2: Now that I understand the situation, my OP makes very little sense and was based on a severe misunderstanding of the language used in their emails. I was rather confused.

TL;DR, if anyone gets a spurious claim rejection email, check to see if your name appears twice in the spreadsheet!



Submitted May 27, 2016 at 09:57PM by manuevans http://bit.ly/1TF0Knn

No comments :

Post a Comment