Monday 29 August 2016

Clarification: Is a centralized, VC funded, for-profit company really influencing Bitcoin protocol code by hiring core developers, or is that FUD?


This is kind of going back to the basics here, but I just need to hear some intelligent responses.Has a for-profit company hired some of the most influential Bitcoin developers and put them on payroll?Is that company being allowed to influence Bitcoin protocol development in any way, shape or form as part of having hired core developers?I have heard this but I struggle to understand whether it's complete nonsense. But if so, how in a million years, did such a massive conflict of interest become "okay" ? How is that not in direct opposition to Bitcoin's most important traits?Of course the other alternative is, a centralized for-profit VC funded company is not influencing Bitcoin protocol development in any way, shape or form. And that would really put me at ease.But I just wanted to clarify, and ask this straight out for my own understanding. This is either a massive bastardization of the entire point of bitcoin, or its complete FUD and I'd like to hear why. via /r/Bitcoin http://bit.ly/2c05irH

No comments :

Post a Comment