Wednesday 30 November 2016

A thought experiment. Has anyone run the numbers on replacing space heaters with--perhaps underclocked--miners?

I just moved up north from Texas, and while I have gas heat included in my rent, I noticed a lot of places use space heaters that run up electric bills. We've also got my first winter while living outside of my home state, and man it's already as cold as it ever got back home.

As someone who knows some of the ins and outs of profitability calculation, but haven't mined or looked too deep into mining, I'm curious about one thing.

Has anyone run the numbers on efficiencies of most residential electric heating units compared to profit generation of miners used as a replacement?



Submitted December 01, 2016 at 11:29AM by Amperture http://bit.ly/2fGDGMx

No comments :

Post a Comment