Wednesday 27 September 2017

Absolute noob questions

Hello! I have a decent gaming computer (running win10 Pro) with an AMD R9 390 card in it that spends most of the day not doing anything.. I was thinking about trying my hand at mining with it. I'm generally pretty technically literate (sys admin), but completely new to mining. I've read some stuff on wikihow, but most of the links are outdated. I checked for pinned posts here and on r/bitcoin and didn't find enough info to really point me in the right direction..

So now I ask.. How do I get started in this? Is it a waste of time? I have read some about mining pools, but I don't understand if I can join a pool with just my PC, or if I need official mining hardware? Am I better off mining independently? Am I just wasting my time?

Thanks in advance for any answers!



Submitted September 27, 2017 at 11:00PM by eckadagan http://bit.ly/2hz91ih

No comments :

Post a Comment