Sunday 4 November 2018

Tainted coins discussion


I was just going true the wasabi wallet discussion and got stuck.It's about tainted coins and what is a possible solution. If we have a 100% anonymous coin it is enabling criminals to blackmail other and spend the unfair gained coins without any risk of getting caught.On the other hand having not 100% anonymous coins gives us no privacy..., and gives government a free card to tax, confiscate, us into oblivion.What is/should be our ultimate goal, what is the best compromise?I would like to be able to stop criminals / pervent giving them the opportunity, but also want to be able to escape the government/banks in case they become the criminals (I hope I do not have to give samples of that being possible or happening).Is there a solution to have both, what am I missing?Should privacy, anonymous money, not be a generic human right, but that also enables criminal behavior? Is my need for anonymous money, not held in a bank that can block it etc, the wrong solution for these governments/banks that can misbehave? The other way around, should I just accept all taxes/confiscation the government puts on me since that is just the 'price' I pay for living in my country with that 'chosen' goverment?It started in my head with the question, if I mix my BTC, with I now realize unclear status, with other BTC possible being tainted, it is just a favor I bring to the possible tainted coins to become harder to trace and thus I'm possible helping criminals.While at the same moment I do not have any real reason to anonymize my coins else than government going criminal and then being able to confiscate or tax into oblivion. I also realize further anonomizing my coins, bought at an official exchange not otc, at this moment won't change much since I could be forced to prove what I did with them and else could be assumed I still have them...So besides the question about tainted coins I also wonder how can I protect myself/family from government going to far (where to move to :0)..... via /r/Bitcoin http://bit.ly/2PGTa4i

No comments :

Post a Comment