Saturday 18 April 2020

You start dating someone. How do you explain you're a bitcoiner, and that you believe the current economic system is crumbling around you without coming across as a crazy person with "extreme views"?


I've started dating someone, and since last being in the dating game I have discovered bitcoin and Austrian economics. I'm all about being myself and not changing to suit the fashion, however for a no-coiner, the concept of a new form of money to replace the current economic system may come across as an extreme view, slightly crazy, and unattractive.How do you tackle the subject of economics if it comes up and you simply can't bite your tounge with your more Austrian economic views?As an example, I was re-reading The Bitcoin Standard (to pass the time during social distancing while staying home), and was asked "what are you reading?". Through fear of goin down a rabbit hole, I simply replied "it's a book on economics and the financial system that we live in". What would you have said instead?My other concern is regarding OPSEC. I don't know in these early days of dating this individual how serious it will get. Do I want to share my views on bitcoin only to be asked "do you have any?". While I would never tell anyone the amount I hold, simply admitting that you hold bitcoin decreases your OPSEC. How serious would it need to be to be open and transparent with a partner about your savings (including if some of those are held in bitcoin)?I would be keen to hear advice, and personal anecdotes. via /r/Bitcoin https://bit.ly/2zbVxFQ

No comments :

Post a Comment