Saturday 31 October 2020

I hate spending money...

Just wondering if this is a "bitcoiner" trait or any likeminded people out there. I've always been a saver, and ever since becoming involved in bitcoin for a few years back, I've been appealed to the self-sovereign, store of value, philosophy. I've always just put my leftovers of my paycheck in bitcoin. Every time I contemplate spending money for something I don't really need (outside of food, rent, transport, bills etc.) I've always asked myself, "Do I really need xyz, or can I put that extra money toward bitcoin?"

Basically every month, 3 things happen on payday: 1. I pay off my monthly credit card in full (since all my expenses and bills are on a cc), 2. I pay my monthly rent (since it cannot be paid on credit), and 3. I put all the leftovers in a savings account and/or in bitcoin. Then I repeat this every month at payday. I have 2 numbers to review each month, how much I spent on my cc, and how much I saved/put in bitcoin as leftovers.

I've been doing this since 2017, since the last bullrun, and I've had no desires to ever sell since then. I don't care about trading, I want to be self-sovereign, without relying on government policy/spending, I don't want to see my money rot away in a savings account as I hold my wealth for the many years to come.



Submitted October 31, 2020 at 06:52PM by brando2131 https://bit.ly/3eeNCI2

No comments :

Post a Comment