Wednesday 27 October 2021

Living under inflation or hyperinflation reality

Greetings my Bitcoin friends. I don't know where most of you come from, so, please allow me to assume that most of you come from developed countries where inflation has not been a problem (at least for the last 50 years).

Since March 2020 the world is facing the Covid-19 pandemic and one of the most evident symptoms or consequences of it is the disruption of supply and production chains all around the world, the acceleration of quantitative easing and for last but not least - INFLATION.

Inflation is a direct consequence of the endless money printing frenzy from the governments, and, I have to tell you guys - living with it is hard!

I was born and raised in Brazil. Back in the 1980s, we suffered from hyperinflation and sometimes we had monthly inflation of over 80% in 1990!

Believe me or not, I have serious problems with inflation and this is a childhood trauma I have. My parents have always been hard-working people and since I was born until the creation of the Brazilian Real (the current national currency) and the new economic plan that allegedly stabilized the economy (even though, since 1994 the BRL lost over 90% of its purchasing power due to, guess what, inflation! - and this year alone we lost 40% face value against the USD) I saw my parents lose our house, the cars and we literally became lower middle class because of inflation.

Of course, I know many people around the world faced and still face much worse living conditions, however, the main point here is to warn you of all the dangers inflation and hyperinflation bring!

Fortunately, we have Bitcoin and other cryptos to protect us from the government, from the depreciation of fiat currency, and to unshackle us from the monetary prison!

Here's to bitcoin!



Submitted October 27, 2021 at 09:54PM by Guigamuck https://bit.ly/3jHJrbE

No comments :

Post a Comment