Wednesday 24 August 2022

10k moral hazard


Biden will forgive 10k in federal student loan debt.And by "forgive" I mean every single person will pay for it either through taxation or debasement of the currency.In 2019, I paid off my student loans. I estimated that 10k was the equivalent of 3 months of work minus necessary expenses.I was extremely frugal because I didn't want debt.Thought experiment: let's say I could grant you 3 months of your youth? How much would that be worth to you?I'm never getting that time back.There's an even bigger moral hazard that emerges from this.The government can wave a magic wand and poof! Problems solved!People will only request more from the government and there will be even more taxation and/or currency debasement.I NEED TO HAVE A HARD ASSET OUTSIDE OF THIS BROKEN SYSTEMI need something that is worth trading my time for.Time is money.If the money is worthless, then so is your time! via /r/Bitcoin https://bit.ly/3QMSCpZ

No comments :

Post a Comment