Thursday 25 August 2022

Moratorium on Announcements of Bitcoin Holdings: A Proposal

Posts that announce one’s Bitcoin holdings are not only very low effort, they also do little (nothing?) to enhance the sub and can potentially put people in harms way. In other words, the risk-benefit ratio veers strongly towards risk.

I understand that there are folks who need validation / reassurance from other bitcoiners, but surely there is another way? Instead of announcing ones holding, why not something along the lines of “I am stacking sats, and here’s why!” At least we get some level of content that might enrich the sub.

I also fully admit that I may just be grumpy, so in the spirit of openness, please tell me if AITA here.



Submitted August 25, 2022 at 08:40PM by nomjs https://bit.ly/3dWCaol

No comments :

Post a Comment