Tuesday 25 April 2023

Had a revelation the other day... I don't ever see a scenario in which I liquidate all my BTC to 'retire'

I've been heavily involved in crypto for the last 5 years, and after working at multiple crypto companies, and talking to a lot of people, I'm long on Bitcoin.

When talking about retirement with my wife, we were discussing what price BTC would have to go to to sell our bag. We talked about what it might look like in 5 or 10 years, and in 20 or 50 years.

As we played through various scenarios, I kept coming to the same conclusion... I don't know that there is a price that makes sense to sell at. Even at $2MM/BTC... i'd rather have $2MM value of BTC than $2MM of USD. I do believe that USD inflation is a major problem this generation will face in its lifetime, and I can't imagine how awful it would be to sell the bag, and watch its value shrink as the dollar continues to inflate.

I do plan on retiring and living off BTC in the future... I just don't see a future where that involves me selling in bulk. It was definitely a bit of a lightbulb moment for me... prior to this i just always assumed that 10-15 years from now when the price is hovering around the clouds I'd happily sell it all, pay my taxes, and enjoy retirement. Now I just imagine traveling the world as a Bitcoin Native



Submitted April 25, 2023 at 09:13PM by KWheels https://bit.ly/3oLPZLN

No comments :

Post a Comment