Tuesday 29 December 2015

Concerning the toxicity of the blocksize debate, how much of the "trolling" do you think is on purpose to undermine Bitcoin?

I'm kind of obsessed with this these last few months.

I have no clear opinion on the blocksize. On one way I love Satoshi's simple idea of paying miners with fees and Bitcoin can't live without this in the future. So you have 2 choices: Lot of transactions with small fees or few transactions with high fees. Imho, there is no logical economic incentives to promote high fees over small fees to my knowledge. Especially considering miners can already reject spam transactions.

But I'm not too knowledgeable on the technical side and I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt on this and willing to wait and see what technical improvements are built.

As an investor, I'm mainly concerned with which solution will give more value to my holdings. I have to say I'm quite concerned that nobody knows what percentage of their assets the "experts" like Back, Maxwell etc hold in Bitcoin. I would be somewhat more relaxed knowing that. For exemple if Roger Ver or Wences Cesares are wrong on something, I know that considering the amount of Bitcoins they hold, they have at least a big incentive to be right. I am doubly concerned because in my entourage, the very technical people and people with academic background tend to care little for money.

I'm amazed by the amount of trolling going on both sides. I know human being are gregarious and will tend to rally behind leaders and easily fight on any "debate" with 2 sides. But the amount of trolling and the quantity of venom spewed always make me wonder if there is not really a voluntary effort to undermine the Bitcoin community and projet.

For the same reason, on one way I think Theymos and his helpers put oil on the fire with their handling of bitcoin.org and r/bitcoin BUT I also dislike very much the main page on r/btc and even the amount of trolling going on in r/bitcoin is really difficult to bear. So it's difficult to blame them too. I think they initially took a wrong decision but right now I don't see how you can avoid heavily modeating the sub.

I wish there would be a sub or message board only accessible if you prove you own a certain number of Bitcoin.



Submitted December 29, 2015 at 04:56PM by Taidiji http://bit.ly/1mN99M4

No comments :

Post a Comment