Tuesday 23 February 2016

Antminer S5 operating temperature

Hi miners,

So I recently bought an S5 that I modded with a push/pull config of 2 corsair silent fans.

My question is the followig : it operates at 60-65° chip temperature, I read that it's best to operate below 60 but it automatically shuts down when over 80 so is there a big risk?

I figure as this hardware is soon to be outdated, I don't really mind shortening its lifespan (the stock fan was in before so the previous owner didn't mod it). Also, it's shut down about 6-7hrs each day because it operates in my room and the server PSU is too noisy for me to sleep with it.

I'd apperciate anyone with experience running S(s at "high" temperature giving me their views.

Cheers,

Q.



Submitted February 23, 2016 at 08:10PM by QuentinZRC http://bit.ly/1PVa8no

No comments :

Post a Comment