Wednesday 24 February 2016

Coinbase effectively closed my account; any other alternative for USA citizen?


I posted this the other day over on /r/bitcoinbeginners.tl;dr: I have some coins I mined years ago, decided a few weeks ago to put them in Coinbase to cash some of the money out and use a few BTC to play with day trading on their exchange. After weeks of no issues, I have to verify my driver's license. I do, it's verified successfully, then trading is disabled on my account. Coinbase then takes 4 days to let me know that "Unfortunately a manual review has determined that you are ineligible to use the Coinbase platform to purchase Bitcoin." I did my homework and there shouldn't be any issues here. My coins are from mining, I've never sent any to anywhere except Coinbase and I've only cashed them out from Coinbase.So, given that Coinbase has terrible customer service (4 days to get a non-answer from a company that raised over 100 million from investors? come on guys, really?), and I can't continue working with them for who-knows-what-reason, are there any other reliable methods for cashing out and/or trading BTC for an American citizen? I don't want to use something like local bitcoins; I'd rather use a trading service if at all possible. via /r/Bitcoin http://bit.ly/1XNebFo

No comments :

Post a Comment