Wednesday 24 February 2016

ELI5: Why is growing the fee market good for bitcoin adoption?

I’m going to assume that everyone wants to grow the bitcoin economy. Me, I’m just a little fish, in the small bitcoin pond here. I like using bitcoin for the little things. I used my shift card for the second time on a $5 purchase this week. It was actually pretty cool. From my perspective, I would think a million more users like me is the way to grow the bitcoin economy. I think I paid 4¢ for my transaction fee. But, if I’m going to have to start paying 50¢ on a $5 transaction, imma think twice about it.

People say, “That’s what that Lightning network is for!” – Well, I don’t see it here yet. And if it does come, won’t that mean only large transactions would be on the main bitcoin chain? Doesn’t that leave us million little fish out of the party?

In my humble (little fish-small pond) opinion, I think you should grow the bitcoin economy first, with millions more little fish, and then think about slowly growing the fee market.



Submitted February 25, 2016 at 02:22AM by ILikeGreenit http://bit.ly/1TGhOxr

No comments :

Post a Comment