Wednesday 22 June 2016

Why is my 44 Satoshis/byte transaction still uncleared after 9 mined blocks after sending.

http://bit.ly/28TcqDO

There is a > 0.0007 fee included. Is 7 times the fee (compared to last year) the new normal and sometimes (like now) not enough to get in a block? Am I perhaps misunderstanding/miscalculating something? At 10k unconfirmed messages the mempool also seems not overly congested and I would have expected this transaction to confirm within 2 blocks.

This is transactions originating from Bitstamp (which calculates fees dynamically) and which I never had a problem with. Also according to bitcoinfees.21.co 43Sats/byte would get me in a block within 0-3 blocks, currently at 1-5 blocks. So this is bicoinfees and bitstamp miscalculating fees?

Note: Transaction might be through by time this message is read but I am unsure now on what fees is supposed to be.

Update: Confirmed after 12 blocks which was not in line with bitcoinfees.co and Bitstamp's calculation of confirming in the next block. Thanks for all the info.



Submitted June 22, 2016 at 04:08PM by pvrooyen http://bit.ly/28N4kOP

No comments :

Post a Comment