Friday 4 November 2016

Corporates are way more open to using an open blockchain like Bitcoin’s than I thought


TL;DR Corporates don’t care what technology is used, as long as it helps them solve problems the way they need it. They're open to Bitcoin if it can solve its challenges.Longer version: Yesterday I was a speaker at a supply chain conference about the blockchain, where I gave the introduction to the blockchain. As usual, I expected people to be very much in favour of private blockchains, so I made my presentation about a comparison between open and private blockchains, using Bitcoin for the open side.My (obvious) conclusion was that once open blockchains solve privacy and scalability challenges, a lot more businesses may start building applications and services on them instead of using their own private versions. My goal was to give people an open mind about open blockchains and not immediately write them off.I got overwhelmingly positive feedback from people saying they absolutely agreed with my vision (~30 people came up to me) and many of them actually hope they will be able to use open blockchains, as soon as they have the required privacy and scalability and they get a “go” from legal.The main reason why they try to set up private blockchains today is to already start doing things. Apparently the supply chain is such a nightmare right now that even a somewhat insecure private blockchain would be many times better than truck drivers writing down pincodes and the infinite stream of emailed pdf’s and page long forms in different formats at every step of the way. For these companies, the blockchain is a way to open the discussion to innovate in an overly complex and conservative industry, even if they end up with a centralized database, it’s still an improvement.It’s an insight I wanted to share with you guys: once privacy/fungibility and scalability are solved, there’s probably a lot more interested corporates out there looking to build upon the Bitcoin blockchain than we know. :) via /r/Bitcoin http://bit.ly/2foCZmC

No comments :

Post a Comment