Tuesday 1 November 2016

I got my BitPay debit card today, and immediately had to close the account

Although it's not mentioned anywhere in the cardholder agreement posted on their site (the schedule of fees is completely absent!), the BitPay debit card has a $5 per month "dormancy fee". If you don't use the card for 90 days, they will start charging you $5 each month. This is why you always need to read the paperwork that comes with your credit/debit cards.

BitPay, you should have disclosed this fee in the FAQ or at the very least in the cardholder agreement posted on your site. I called customer services and closed my account, but they will not refund the $9.95 because I "could have called in to get the full list of fees". When I asked the representative if the website and PDF was useless for getting accurate information he said "that is correct".

Edit: There's a link to the fee schedule in the footer of the page, but not in the FAQ. Hopefully BitPay updates their FAQ to link to the cardholder agreement AND the fee schedule.



Submitted November 02, 2016 at 12:03AM by aceat64 http://bit.ly/2eSk46C

No comments :

Post a Comment