Thursday 2 February 2017

Antminer S5/EVGA 1300G2 shutdown problems

I have an Antminer S5 hooked up to an EVGA 1300G2.

Everything works fine for a few hours and then it drops out of the pool. I go check on it, and only the single activity light on the board is flashing. I turn off the power supply and turn it back on, and the power supply will not come back on. No fan, nothing.

If I unplug the test mode adapter from the power supply MB cable and plug it back in, the power supply comes back on. Is this a balancing issue? Is it possibly duie to heat? I'm stumped at why the power supply would go into a mode where it won't spin up until the adapter is removed and replaced.

This happens with two different EVGA 1300 G2s, and it didn't used to happen when the miner was in a different place, with the same setup. All I did was move it.



Submitted February 03, 2017 at 06:13AM by gordoodle http://bit.ly/2jIA4qA

No comments :

Post a Comment