Thursday 2 February 2017

#BtcNegotiate (on Freenode), a working group to resolve SegWit/8MB dispute


(original post)I agree with your concerns.It would be nice to see some indication that the various parties with stake and reputation (miners, devs, businesses, big holders) were communicating and negotiating.Currently, the prediction markets are saying there's a 50% probability of a BTC hardfork in 2017 (source).A contentious hardfork will be brutal for business. Miners, holders, businesses alike will suffer should it ever come to that.More negotiation, more compromising. Maybe package a SegWit+8mb combined hardfork, with the 8mb hard fork code being reviewed and fixed for bugs by the more experienced devs from bitcoin-core repo. Perhaps renaming "SegWit" to "PandaBlocks" or "DragonChain" or "JihanPresentsBitcoinAccelerated". The point is, we need to find a deal that appeals to everyone and preserves the integrity of the core protocol.I want this to work. Anybody can reach me privately and I will do my best to get you what you want. Reach out to me jecooper@alum.mit.edu , please encrypt your email using my PGP key, keyID = 331B6406, (and please provide your own key, or another secure method of contact).Any mining pool operators, devs, big hodlers, concerned businesses in the BTC world, PLEASE reach out to me, I want to be your advocate, all of you. I have eschaton-overshadowing incentives to preserve and expand Bitcoin's reach./u/bdarmstrong, /u/memorydealers, /u/theymos, /u/bitjson, /u/bitmain (inactive account?), /u/adam3us, and ALL OTHER STAKEHOLDERS, let's talk and (hopefully) formulate something like a plan. I'll bring the resources of my relatively small ($2 mil annual revenue) unnamed company to the table if it would help to execute a plan to amicably resolve the SegWit/8mb issue.Freenode IRC Channel that I've registered, for anyone interested in helping find amicable solutions to the issues discussed: #BtcNegotiate via /r/Bitcoin http://bit.ly/2k6QH2L

No comments :

Post a Comment