Saturday 4 February 2017

I really like Coinbase


Hi there, I am a bit new to bitcoin, been gradually building up my coins, 19.5 now and a few Ethereum / Monero too. As an outsider I have found the experience to be very confusing, I have been lurking on the posts for a while and really don't understand most of what I read, Segwits, lightning thing, miners and so on.I am a believer in bitcoin and for me, my coins are a long term investment, maybe my pension if they continue to grow.I originally stored my coins in Electrum which seemed okay but then I was paranoid about malware and being hacked now I have quite a few coins, I checked my computer and it was full of it.I looked up the safest way to store bitcoins and read everything from Paper Wallets to Trezor (which I have bought) to everything else. There seems to be fans and haters of every options + the tutorials on running things like Ubuntu on an unused computer is something I don't understand and the general non compter guy is not going to do.For mass adoption with the normal guy, someone like my Dad, I think there needs to be much more investment in usable secure systems. The ability to buy coins on a phone or computer, not ever have to worry about them being stolen and the ability to just pay with ease.I have bought the majority of my coins through Coinbase (which most people seem to hate here) and found that of all the sites, wallets etc... it to have the best experience and I am storing my coins in the Vault until my Trezor arrives but may leave it there.I guess my point is that Bitcoin is cool but it is a scary world for the non-techie and I think the guys at Coinbase have done an excellent job of making it all easy to understand for someone like me. via /r/Bitcoin http://bit.ly/2kEaBmo

No comments :

Post a Comment