Friday 30 March 2018

anyone use p2pool? just a few questions :]

I have been mining Monero and some alts almost exclusively until two days ago when we got our Antminer S9's in. I have configured them to be mining on p2pool. I'm new to p2pool, so just wanted to ask a couple of questions, mostly for my partner in our company who handles most of the finances.

-How is expected payout determined? We have an estimated payout at the moment of 0.13359048 BTC but the only thing I know about p2p's payout structure is that it uses PPLNS and pays out after a block is found. Does our estimated payout look at all accurate? I only ask because it seems a little high for the calculations I had done before, which suggested we may hit $1500 in a month.

-Other question for those of you who have been mining on p2p before, how long does it usually take for payouts to happen? Being new to this pool and mining BTC, I was wondering how frequently those payouts happen for those of you on p2pool. If it helps, we're running two Antminer S9's and our Electrum wallet is pointed at the pool for payouts.

Sorry if the questions seem silly to those who have been doing this for a little longer than me lol. I've been involved in the crypto scene for years but am just now to the point where I am able to get decent equipment to finally mine with. I've had several desktop Linux machines and laptops mining Monero and alts for awhile but it is very nice to have some ASICs mining BTC. :) cheers guys!



Submitted March 31, 2018 at 05:32AM by rav3ndust http://bit.ly/2pRHBJD

No comments :

Post a Comment