Friday 31 May 2019

After 1 year of use, today I discovered Localbitcoins.com is broken


I need 1000 GBP for crack and whores this weekend, so I load up Localbitcoins.com and browse the buyers.​Great! I find a guy that can do cash deposits to UK banks, and his rate is 6849 GBP / BTC (about 5% better than spot price!)​I'm not one to ask questions, so I jump in and initiate the trade.​After 4mins I get a msg - It turns out he "forgot to change" his price.​Chat thread here: https://imgur.com/Ri2zeVG​Ahh, well you know what they say, if it's too good to be true...​But whatever, he cancels the trade, and I give him neutral feedback.​Harsh? Well...​You can set up auto pricing on Localbitcoins.com so there is no excuse for forgetting to change the price.Having the best rate puts you at the top of the search results = more trades.He immediately offered a lower price.​This makes me think he was doing this on purpose to bait in trade offers, then negotiate a lower more realistic price.​He had 98% rating - 249 positive - 20 neutral - 6 negative.. forgetting to change the price is a noob mistake he wouldn't make.​But whatever... I give him neutral (not negative)....​It turns out he wasn't too pleased with neutral feedback and began to threaten me.​I've just ignored him for now - but this makes me realise that the whole system is flawed. I imagine some people would be tempted to revoke their feedback, which means you can't trust feedback!​Localbitcoins.com needs to make it anonymous to prevent people being scared to snitch.​Looks like I'll have to stay in this weekend with a pot noodle and Netflix. via /r/Bitcoin http://bit.ly/2Wg0N66

No comments :

Post a Comment