Friday 31 July 2020

Local merchant says "Bitcoin is a scam"


At my local newsagent, I just overheard the staff mention bitcoin. I Asked why (hoping they accept it) and was told she has received multiple messages on her phone about "a bitcoin opportunity" advertised by a local celebrity. She explained it and it was most definitely a scam. I told her as such, but reminded her its not Bitcoin thats the scam, but the person running that opportunity. Other teller chimed in, "is it still around? I remember a few years ago it was a thing" Told them I use BTC regularly as a currency, and it works well, its the "guaranteed profits idea that are scams" Had a good short conversation with both of them as they were really interested about it, but sceptical.Just an update of the view of average Joe on the Australian street.If you are reading this, we are still early. via /r/Bitcoin https://bit.ly/3jWWowN

No comments :

Post a Comment