Saturday 5 September 2020

Be sure to practice restoring your wallet

Just wanted to toss this out there. I slowly (almost without realizing) got to a point where I felt like I had a significant amount of BTC and I’d be sad if I ever lost it. So I recently bought a backup hardware wallet for my main hardware wallet. I tried to go through the procedure to restore from scratch. It took me a good hour and I ran into some bumps along the way. I found out which of my keys were legit and which were old and not used. In any case, I feel a lot better now that I’ve been able to restore it, and I’d recommend that you guys give the restore process a shot if you are not familiar with how to do it. Perhaps you guys are smarter than me about this but I’ll admit I let myself go for too long without even knowing much about how the procedure really worked. Better to know you can restore it while you have access to it than when you don’t have access to it!



Submitted September 06, 2020 at 05:58AM by anonamonkey https://bit.ly/3lVbvYM

No comments :

Post a Comment