Saturday 5 September 2020

Possibly scammed, need any technical advice please! :)


Hi r/bitcoin!Situation:I am a professional poker player and ventured deep into the abyss of shady/dodgy sites. Why I did so is still a mystery to me. Long story short, I finally made two withdrawals totaling approximately $3,500 to $4,000 via BTC. Next day, I load up my Ledger and see I have my balance. Awesome!Oh wait...it's not spendable.Surely it just hasn't confirmed yet, right? No big deal.Then I look at the transactions...https://bit.ly/31Yi9Wg withdrawals were sent to me with a more normalized fee structure.These were sent with what looks like a near-zero fee.With my limited technical understanding of BTC, this means the transaction will either get stuck for a VERY long time, or it will never confirm and eventually be returned to him.This person has blocked me on socials and has said on the discord server for the site that "the site is better off without him"(Basically as a good professional player he didn't want me beating his small community of players)I'm ok with this as long as I don't get scammed.Is there anything I can do at this point?​Edit #1: Thanks a ton to u/jcoinner for the extensive help with spending the unspent coins via CPFP (child pays for parent) The transaction appears to be confirmed!Using CPFP has successfully spent the unconfirmed coins back to a different wallet of mine.The txid is: 6d65c98ea01bad8d98045794729b7d1b93936a11faad0e3bd126e9223d2ee297and appears to show a confirm and my coins are spendable.I believe this persons' intention was"Send a transaction that's very likely to fail and if it does I'll scam and if it doesn't...oh well."​Thank you so much reddit!​ via /r/Bitcoin https://bit.ly/358Dcas

No comments :

Post a Comment