Friday 26 February 2021

Warning - Bitpanda Withdrawals -


Hy. I'm a professional with a job outside the finance industry. I earn around €40,000 a year. I don't have a large collection of assets - just a regular guy who bought some Bitcoin in 2019 with savings.Bitpanda has frozen my funds and is refusing to allow me to withdraw them on the excuse of new EU anti-money laundering rules. They have asked me to obtain proof of funds which I did, but they also want me to obtain the credit card receipts and notes from my bank of my crypto-currency purchase in 2019. I moved my Bitcoin out and in of the exchange several times, using Blockfi or trading it on Binance, and they are assuming I have cumulatively more than 100% of Bitcoin than I ever held just because I did these transactions. The amount of documentation they are asking is huge. It is unreasonable and is intended to only make sure you never get your funds back. My funds are barely half of my yearly salary so we are not speaking of a big amount.To cut a long story short I am fully complying with their demands and I am being very cooperative and very polite, however, the anti-money laundering rules which I read do not go this far and Bitpanda is making a lot of theatre with the excuse of holding our funds.This is the first time ever that a bank or an entity is acting this way with my money - holding it hostage against unreasonable demands. Although the staff is polite - I have no backing and help from them at all and they are simply making assumptions I had more Bitcoin than I did and sticking to their assumptions without helping me go through this. They don't care about our money and this is developing into a real-time nightmare.I thought I would be safe if I deposited by Bitcoin in a European-based entity. I was wrong.This is the last time ever I will use Bitpanda. It is unimaginable financial warfare we have to go through to protect and secure our legally-obtained assets and savings. I was wrong thinking that putting my Bitcoin in a European-based entity was safe. It is not. It is very dangerous. I will not be making the same mistake again. via /r/Bitcoin https://bit.ly/2O3eIZM

No comments :

Post a Comment