Thursday 4 March 2021

Every day I see another article on how bad bitcoin is for the environment, and it's honestly the most hypocrital bullshit I've ever seen.

The same people who put out these articles are deeply invested in unsustainable commodities and don't give a fuck so long as it benefits them. Don't be fooled by the media; while I agree that some coins are more innovative in how they mine, bitcoin is still the one that's going mainstream and that's what scares the hell out of them.

Why are they so scared? Bitcoin is step one in curbing wealth inequality since it will be a lot more difficult for any institution to manipulate. They won't be able to just turn on the money printer to pump their stocks, meaning that we will no longer see the stock market grow while the consumer price index stays relatively stable (basically what I'm saying is that they put more money in the stock market while the money supply of everyday people stays the same, increasing wealth inequality).

Back to my main point; bitcoin mining isn't being run off of oil and coal like all of these other companies news agencies don't seem to have a problem with. They're scared for different reasons.

Edit: I just realized that I misspelled hypocritical in the title, but can't change it. I'm well aware of it though.



Submitted March 05, 2021 at 02:59AM by yettithmettith https://bit.ly/3eggNNf

No comments :

Post a Comment