Monday 1 March 2021

If an electric vehicle is considered green then so is bitcoin mining


Look I'm not here to argue about electric vehicles, but my point is if I bought a Tesla TODAY and plugged it in to charge TODAY, based on the power sources in my state it would be more than 40% powered by coal and another 30% by natural gas. These are not Green power sources.Meanwhile I keep seeing FUD about how much energy bitcoin uses and how it's not green, when a Miner would be plugged into the exact same power supply as that Tesla. Same with whatever smart phone that the FUD was tweeted with, also powered by fucking coal in pretty much any US state.If a Tesla can be powered by Solar, so can a Bitcoin miner.Bitcoin is only as green as the grid, just like anything else. It shouldn't be 'ban bitcoin' or 'ban Tesla' or 'ban smartphones' because of energy usage, it should be fix the fucking grid. via /r/Bitcoin https://bit.ly/3bWbvDP

No comments :

Post a Comment