Monday 22 March 2021

My company refuses to pay me in Bitcoin , and my colleagues laughed when I asked

I work for a Software company, and this week I had a meeting with the CEO, we can submit questions anonymously so the CEO will reply those in the Q&A.

I asked if those who wanted, could be paid part of the salary or the bonus in Crypto, and not only the CEO said no, but everyone laughed, and started to make very ignorant comments and jokes about Crypto and Bitcoin like 'where is that money even coming from'. The CEO also used a patronising excuse : 'Bitcoin is too volatile'.

Now, I want to repeat this: it was a meeting in a Software Company. Most of the people working in the company are Developers, the kind of people who knows about Bitcoin, and should be able to understand it.

I used to think people will rush to buy Bitcoin when it will be at 100K, but I think I was wrong, and 'most people' will only rush into it when it is at $1M

EDITED: The main reason to ask that was to check everyone’s reaction towards Bitcoin, and I was very surprised, that it was the same most of the population had 5-7 years ago. I THOUGHT every smart dev was at least considering getting into Bitcoin, and it definitely didn’t look like. Guess we are still very early



Submitted March 22, 2021 at 04:22AM by Remarkable-Party7382 https://bit.ly/2OPm4B6

No comments :

Post a Comment