Wednesday 3 March 2021

To think that one bitcoin is more than many people can afford now.


I haven’t been in crypto for very long. Started working at a crypto mining farm in Jan 2018 and it changed my life.My employers asked if I was cool getting paid in bitcoin. At the time, my answer was “As long as I can sell it into Ringgit Malaysia (fiat)”. Got paid around $1k+ monthly - remembered receiving about 0.2 bitcoin monthly. One day, I didnt have to sell all of it because I already have more than enough fiat. So i figured meh Ill just save it for later. That’s when it happened. Bitcoin went up 20% from $3k+ to $4.2k and so did my salary. Kept going up and i kept hodling.Employers turned out to be greedy dicks and changed their minds towards the end - “we are not paying you in precious BTC anymore”. But my love for crypto remains.I was let go shortly after without any compensation and notice after I helped them move their operation to the US where the electricity is a lot lower. Struggled to make ends meet for a little while but doing odd jobs and investing in bitcoin mining got me going. Managed to feed my wife and kid.I reinvested mining profits into more machines all around the world with hosting, cloud contracts, and the returns kept compounding.Ive never told anyone I have bitcoin except for my wife. I am happily retired at 30 in a country where $200 is a family’s monthly grocery. For most of the time, I just spend time with my kid and wife who works from home. And to think I owe this lifestyle all to those tiny tiny bitcoins I saved up 3 years ago. HODL friends. To the moon we go! via /r/Bitcoin https://bit.ly/384O4a8

No comments :

Post a Comment