Wednesday 3 March 2021

To think that one bitcoin is more than many people can afford now.

I haven’t been in crypto for very long. Started working at a crypto mining farm in Jan 2018 and it changed my life.

My employers asked if I was cool getting paid in bitcoin. At the time, my answer was “As long as I can sell it into Ringgit Malaysia (fiat)”. Got paid around $1k+ monthly - remembered receiving about 0.2 bitcoin monthly. One day, I didnt have to sell all of it because I already have more than enough fiat. So i figured meh Ill just save it for later. That’s when it happened. Bitcoin went up 20% from $3k+ to $4.2k and so did my salary. Kept going up and i kept hodling.

Employers turned out to be greedy dicks and changed their minds towards the end - “we are not paying you in precious BTC anymore”. But my love for crypto remains.

I was let go shortly after without any compensation and notice after I helped them move their operation to the US where the electricity is a lot lower. Struggled to make ends meet for a little while but doing odd jobs and investing in bitcoin mining got me going. Managed to feed my wife and kid.

I reinvested mining profits into more machines all around the world with hosting, cloud contracts, and the returns kept compounding.

Ive never told anyone I have bitcoin except for my wife. I am happily retired at 30 in a country where $200 is a family’s monthly grocery. For most of the time, I just spend time with my kid and wife who works from home. And to think I owe this lifestyle all to those tiny tiny bitcoins I saved up 3 years ago. HODL friends. To the moon we go!



Submitted March 03, 2021 at 03:13PM by Present_Turn7021 https://bit.ly/384O4a8

No comments :

Post a Comment