Thursday 6 May 2021

Why I changed my mind about Bitcoin


For the last two years, my small business has been put on hold due to covid. I had spare cash and decided I wanted to look into investing instead of letting the money sit there so I did some research. To clarify, I was completely new to this until September.I NEVER thought I'd be buying into crypto. Cryptos just seemed far too complicated - I didn't understand any of it because, along with bitcoin, you're thrown 100 other crypto coins or tokens that do other things and it just wasn't easy to get into.I don't feel the community of people into cryptos ever truly explained why you should buy fake internet currency or what it does. Being told Bitcoin is 'decentralised' and 'deflationary' meant nothing to me.I thought, how does that provide use or value? This seems like one big pyramid scheme of a huge community promising the price will keep going up because 'there are only 21m Bitcoins and 7bil people' just made me think there's a huge bubble that will burst like all the times before and I'll be the one holding the bag.It wasn't until I found SIMPLE reasons - that I had to dig for - as to WHY that made me change my perspective completely.So, here are the things that convinced me.Bitcoin isn't about making money off an investment. The reason for Bitcoin isn't about getting in early, the value goes up and then selling. If you look at it like that, there's no point investing.Bitcoin is an alternative - better - performing currency. It can be used anywhere in the world better than our current financial system.Bitcoin is a faster, global, one currency for all. It can be turned from Bitcoin into any currency in a few minutes and visa versa.Stored online or offline by your phone, computer or ledger wallet (like a USB). It can be accessed anywhere at any time. Everything is backed up by a unique seed phrase in case you lose your wallet. Everything is VERY easy to use and access.Bitcoin holders are their own banks. Imagine a relative has an emergency in another county and needs money. Normally, this would take 1-3 working days to transfer due to banking networks.With Bitcoin, you would transfer your bitcoin to their wallet and they could instantly change this into their local currency within 10 minutes. No heavy exchange rate. No waiting. No forms. No long back and forth of bank details, account numbers, sort codes, swift numbers etc. Any day, anytime.Bitcoin is actually easy to use. Receiving bitcoin into your wallet address and sending it to other wallet addresses. Simple.The value comes from Bitcoin being the new age of currency. Governments can ruin their own economy by printing their own currency and cause hyperinflation. The more they print, the poorer their own people become. Obvious examples are Zimbabwe and Turkey. However, this also applies globally. One in five US Dollars were created in 2020. This means your money is worth less through no fault of your own.Imagine being in Zimbabwe during their worst financial crisis. People had no option but to watch their entire life savings turn to ashes because of their government. Bitcoin can provide financial stability on a global scale.So for now, I have put a large portion into bitcoin. Not for an investment but what I feel is the future of financial freedom. I now see why people are believing in and buying bitcoin and don't feel like it's bad idea at all.Please note, I'm not trying to raise the price of Bitcoin (I don't think my reddit post will have an impact on trillion-dollar market cap currency) but show awareness to the average-joe who may not be aware of why this thing exists and why it is gaining such a massive following. via /r/Bitcoin https://bit.ly/3xTIkes

No comments :

Post a Comment