Wednesday 1 June 2022

Bitcoin is hope.

I'm a guy in my late 20's from Germany. Growing up I never forgot how they gave us the Euro when I was a kid in the early 2000s. Initially for every 'deutsche mark' we got 0.5 Euros, but I was super confused when my parents told me that their salary got divided by 2 (x0.5), but consumer prices went back to the "old" deutsche mark prices within one year - meaning as an end result they didn't get divided, but salaries stagnated. I was ~8 years old at the time, didn't understand what was going on, but felt that something super strange happened.

In 2008 the financial crisis/euro crisis hit, people where afraid, the media went crazy and when I was ~14 years old I needed to learn that I can't get interest at the bank when I want to save my money for hard times in the future.

I finished school, went to university, studied medicine, did my PhD and looked at the world: House prices doubled! I realized that even as a physician in Germany I will not be able to buy a house in my home town without being indebted until the rest of my life, will not have the financial freedom to pursue projects which might take time.

I got depressed, I questioned everything, why do I even get up in the morning? My whole life I tried to do everything right, I saved for my future family, I studied, did research, but there was no chance of getting out of the debt-machinery.

Then I discovered Bitcoin.

I learned about austrian economics, time preference and how fiat is affecting every single aspect of our lives, including morals, and the general perspective we look at our life's.

I pray to God that Bitcoin will continue to transform the life's of people on the globe, like it did mine.

I was lost, but now I'm found.

Thanks to everybody building and supporting the Bitcoin network.



Submitted June 01, 2022 at 10:23PM by futureisbright2031 https://bit.ly/3GElnRm

No comments :

Post a Comment