Tuesday 29 December 2015

VirWoX actively killing "straight to Bitcoin" transactions?


Hey, I recently wanted to get some Bitcoin quickly and without going through a complicated anti-laundering ID procedure, and VirWoX was the most widely accepted way to do that in exchange for some overcharge...Well, at least it didn't end badly. I paid with PayPal (from a US billing address), bought Linden for USD, and then BTC for Linden, then immediately withdrew the money to my wallet. Of course I got hit with the 48 hour review thingie...And then after approximately 18-20 hours, I got a message from PayPal that I was refunded the full purchase by VirWoX. Naturally I didn't get the Bitcoins. No explanation or message from VirWoX either.Reading scam review sites, this seems to happen often with VirWoX. Are they actively hunting down users or transactions that use them as a "straight to Bitcoin" exchange, without any interest in Second Life etc.? I guess I can understand if they do, maybe US authorities are breathing down their neck... via /r/CryptoCurrency http://bit.ly/1UfKTN7

No comments :

Post a Comment