Thursday 5 October 2017

Buy S9 with current Bitcoin or wait for hardfork and sell BTC and Segwit2X to buy BCC and pay for cheaper S9. That is the question.

Just about to set up my first mining operation. Luckily I live in China and pay an average of about $0.07 for electric. I'm testing out my home system on an s7 currently and intend to upgrade to a bunch of s9's in a couple of weeks at a price of around 2300US per unit. End of November they are being sold by bitmain for 1200 or so. They say they will be mailed in November but who knows how long it will take to actually get a machine, even though I am in China. I can easily make the price difference back in mining for the six weeks and it could take even longer. The rub is that my bitcoin will be worth bitcoin + the segwit2x coins I get at the fork also, so that would mean I could afford even more miners, or get them for a lower initial investment. So the question then is would it be more profitable to be mining when the fork happens or to wait and collect from the fork and start mining potentially a month or two after the fork. My gut says to just start mining, there could be opportunities to mine "easy" segwit2x coins after the fork, but it feels like I'm just throwing away free money by selling my coins before it. On a side note, I don't even see the value of segwit2x. Bitcoins value must come from actual usage (IMO) and bitcoin corecoin is the only coin that is being used for normal purchases on any appreciable scale.



Submitted October 05, 2017 at 09:01PM by corporal_clegg69 http://bit.ly/2xjotdl

No comments :

Post a Comment